Saturday, December 1, 2007

Catching Up

Life has it's twists and turns, and has kept me away from my computer for the last couple days. I've looked over the last couple days, and will sum up the main points here, hopefully getting myself caught up.
  • The Mets traded OF Lastings Milledge to the Nationals for OF Ryan Church and C Brian Schneider. To me this is a steal for the Nats. Milledge was a prized prospect in the Mets' system. Church is probably an underrated outfielder, but isn't as good as Milledge should be in '08. Schneider was probably the reason for the trade. The Mets get a solid defensive catcher. Now, finding a platoon partner will be on the list. The Mets could have got more for Milledge, I think.
  • The Tigers signed Kenny Rogers to a one year deal worth $8M.
  • Troy Percival was signed by the Rays to a two year deal worth $8M.
  • The Cardinals signed INF Cesar Izturis to a one year deal worth $2.85M.

No comments: